Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week 1 of Blog: Diwali, AAPI Student Groups, etc

Well, as this is my first blog, I do want to welcome everyone and extend my thanks for following this blog and my journey as a White House AAPI E3! Ambassador over the next few months.Being an E3! Ambassador gives me the resources to put on great events, and reach out to the larger AAPI Community. Growing up as a Sikh girl in Colorado Springs not only encouraged me to speak out for problems I felt at home, but to look around me and speak for those who don't have a voice in the larger spectrum of government institutions.

In case you haven't seen the link the White House Blog put up, be sure to check it out at:

White House Blog

Over the next few months, I will be conducting outreach and training in the state of Colorado for the following topics:
September and October: Education ( ANAAPISI's, College Affordability, Bullying)
November and December: Mental Health
January and February: Pathways to Public Service
March and April: DACA ( Deferred Action and Childhood Arrivals)


Background as to how I became an Ambassador: Over the summer of 2014, I was selected as 13 students to be a part of the SALDEF ( Sikh and Legal Defense and Education Fund) Sikh Lead Internship Class. During my stay in DC, I attended the White House Youth forum on AAPI's, where the E3! Challenge was launched, and began my process to apply. I was then selected as one of the 32 students in the USA to be a part of this incredible opportunity.

Plan of Action for CO: 
-On October 30, the first YLD Conference Call with the White House will be happening at 4 PM MST. It is completely free and only takes 30 seconds to register. To register, please click:
REGISTER for Conference Call

- I will be meeting with Various student groups at the CU Boulder Campus throughout these months to give updates, talks, lectures, on the various topics. The organizations I am currently partnered with would be:
  • CollaborASIAN
  • Asian Unity
  • Indian Student Association
  • North Koreans for Freedom
If you are part of a student group who is interested in me coming, please email me at naureensingh@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment